The Great Glasses Play Day is an annual event celebrated the first week in August, with the big event held on the first Sunday in August! The first annual Great Glasses Play Day was held Sunday, August 5, 2012 in many locations as well as online.
The second annual Great Glasses Play Day will be Sunday, August 4, 2013.
Join us to celebrate our children in glasses, or contacts or patches! This is a day to show how proud we are of our children in glasses, how thankful we are for better vision for our kids, but most of all, just to have fun and support one another!
There are many ways to celebrate …
- Participate in a variety of online celebrations of better vision for our children! We’ll have some contests and giveaways and ways to connect with others.
- Join us at one of the in-person Great Glasses Play Day meet-ups, held in many locations around the country and the world!
- Plan your own Great Glasses Play Day! We’ll help you organize and find others nearby!
- Support: Support children who wear glasses or who have other vision issues, and their families.
- Celebrate: Celebrate the advances in eyewear, that not only allows our children to see more clearly, but also act as a way to express our children’s unique style.
- Educate: Educate parents about the importance of early eye exams by an eye care professional and vision screenings in addition to follow up treatment of any issues that are identified. Early treatment can save vision!
- Raise awareness: Raise awareness of the issues of preventable blindness. So many eye issues go undiagnosed and untreated, especially amongst the most vulnerable and poor. And not treating the problems can lead to a lifetime of blindness.
We hope that you and your child will join us!